Wednesday, January 5, 2011

My Review Of The Cold Steel AK-47 Folding Knife

Cold Steel is known for making extremely tough knives. They will hold up in the toughest situations that you can imagine.

Their AK-47 folding knife was one of my most hyped knives of 2007.

I recently got a great price on a Cold Steel AK-47 folding knife and here are my thoughts.

What I like about the knife:

1. Cold Steel makes two versions of the AK-47. Both of them have the same dimensions and AUS 8A stainless steel blades.

One version (#58LAK) has a bead blasted finish on the blade and aluminum handle. The other (#58LAKB) has a Black teflon coated blade with G-10 scales on the handle.

2. With a blade length of 3.5 inches, Cold Steel's AK-47 is large enough to give you fierce cutting power but small enough to be carried legally almost anywhere.

3. Each AK-47 comes complete with a striking pommel on the end of the handle. This can serve as a self-defense tool or glass breaker in emergency situations.

4. You can switch the pocket clip from one side to the other. This is a big plus for all of my left-handed friends out there.

5. Both Cold Steel AK-47s are equipped with the Ultra Lock mechanism. This lock style has been tested to hold well over 100 pounds of direct pressure.

6. The blades are hollow ground to a razor thin edge. This feature gives you the ability to make the most precise cuts possible.

There is also a fuller or "blood groove" on the blade which helps to lighten it.

7. The AK-47 has a quick open tab on top of the blade. The tab catches onto your pocket and let you flip the blade open at lightning speed.

What I didn't like:

1. I don't have very much to complain about these knives. I would like to see a half or fully serrated AK-47 knife available in the future though.

Overall:

The Cold Steel AK-47 is well worth every penny. I carry mine almost every day and it is quickly proving itself as a true workhorse.

No comments:

Post a Comment