Thursday, April 7, 2011

"Day of the Immaculate Conception" Superchick530's photos about Lima, Peru

A TripAdvisor™ TripWow slideshow of a travel blog to Lima, Peru by TravelPod blogger Superchick530 titled "Day of the Immaculate Conception" Superchick530's travel blog entry: "I couldn't sleep in Cusco, Machu Picchu or Puno because of the altitude. Now I am back at sea level and I am certainly not having any problem sleeping! I arrived at my hotel in Lima yesterday shortly before noon. After getting settled, I ventured out for a bite to eat and a little window shopping. Then, I came back to my room and slept and read for the rest of the day. At most of the hotels, there are places where people leave books. If you see something you like, you just take it. I think it works like geocaching though: take one, leave one. I happened to spot "The Help" at my hotel in Puno, so I pounced on it...and once I started reading, I couldn't put it down. (That's my story for staying in my room all afternoon yesterday. And I'm sticking to it.) This morning I went on a Lima city tour. We spent some time at the Plaza de Armas (yes, every city in Peru has one). The Plaza Mayor, as it's also called, was the heart of the City when the area was claimed by the Spaniards. Francisco Pizarro to be exact. A bronze fountain erected in 1650 sits in the center of the Plaza, and a number of significant public buildings surround the Plaza. On the south end of the Plaza, there is the Cathedral that sits on the same spot where Pizarro ordered the city's first church built in 1535. The Archbishop's Palace is ...



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSZabPVD5f0&hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment